What should you do if falsely accused of child molestation in Texas
Are you currently wondering what should you do if falsely accused of child molestation in Texas?
Perhaps you have found yourself in some legal trouble and you are not sure what to do next. This is a serious crime that the state of Texas does not take lightly. But what if you are innocent, how do you protect yourself?
We do want true criminals brought to justice. But many times, the legal system has no intention of being fair. And sometimes, innocent Texans like you are falsely accused of child molestation. So, What should you do if this happens First, let’s start with what you should not do? The typical reaction is to know that you’re innocent. Because you know this, you think that talking to the authorities to clear this up is all you need to do. And it’s a common-sense reaction. However, those who protect children sometimes get blinded by their desire to do so. They think, “No one accused of child molestation admits to it. Of course, they’ll deny it. Children are innocent and would never lie like this. You’re lying!”
It is important to remember that even if you are falsely accused of child molestation, you can’t say anything to prove your innocence. Child Protective Services and anyone involved in the legal system will not believe your story. In fact, they’ll use what you say against you in court!
Second, you should get an attorney immediately. If you choose to submit yourself to an investigation without getting a criminal attorney, know questioning will be done to make you look guilty. For example, this is a common scenario:
- The investigator asks, “Have you ever given your child lotion for a diaper rash?”
- You say, “Yes.”
- They now twist your words, and ask in an intimidating tone, “So you touched your child’s genitals?”
- Of course, you did, but for hygiene purposes. So you say, “Yes, but I did this to help my child heal from a rash.”
- They twist your words further, “So you’re saying you didn’t touch your child’s genitals? I thought you just said you did.” They make you look like a liar.
- Then they press on,” Did you do this alone with your child? How do we know you touched your child for hygiene purposes?”
Contact Starr Law Firm Today
Just like that. Even though you’re 100% innocent and a responsible parent, legal questioning “proves” otherwise. That’s why you can’t speak to authorities on your own without an attorney. You need to have sound legal counsel on your side so you don’t fall into this trap. With an aggressive attorney, scubas Kent Starr from Starr Law Firm, you can get these cases dismissed. Because, often the district attorney only has the statement of a child (called a “One Witness Rule Case”), and no other evidence for “proof.” If you are looking to fight these accusations and get your life back on track contact our expert team today by dialing 214-982-1408.
Fun Facts About Dallas Texas
- Big Tex is the official mascot of the State Fair of Texas, which takes place in the Fair Park area of Dallas.
- The Dallas Cowboys have five Super Bowl championships.
- To learn more about Dallas click here.