Best Sex Crimes Lawyer Denton TX
Starr Law, P.C. is the Best Sex Crimes Lawyer Denton TX. It is our practice to treat all of our clients and potential clients with the respect they deserve. We take pride in working diligently to defend our clients as much as we possibly can. Our lawyers aren’t afraid to dig deep into a case and expose information needed to assist the judge or jury with coming to a clear ruling. We fight with you to receive the best outcome possible for your case.
Human trafficking is a felony offense and is becoming an epidemic in the United States. Some refer to the felony as the modern-day slavery. It is the fasting growing organized crime business in the world and the third largest criminal operation. The general definition of human trafficking is when another controls a person through violence, coercion, or deceit in circumstances of forced labor, commercial sex, or domestic enslavement. In other words, it is the exploitation of men, women, and children for forced labor or sex by a third-party for profit or gain. With 847 human trafficking reporting calls and 455 cases reported this year, the state of Texas ranks #2 in human trafficking crime in the United States. Approximately 300,000 Texans have been trafficked which includes 79,000 youth victims of sex trafficking.
Working Towards the Resolution
Although the specific law defining a “trafficker” differ from state to state, human trafficking still plagues every state in America. Since 2003, every state has instilled laws that will initiate penalties for human traffickers who profit from this offense. Federal regulations are very severe for this offense. For instance, an individual convicted of this crime will face hefty fines and an up to 20 years prison sentence. If death occurs because of the trafficking, offenders face the maximum punishment of life in prison. The government also confiscates all money made and property used during the trafficking. In addition to federal laws, human trafficking in Texas is an automatic first-degree felony. This class of offense includes a fine of up to $10,000 and a 5 to 99 years prison sentence. More information on human trafficking or if you are need of help, please contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline at 1.888.373.7888 or visit the official website here.
About Starr Law, P.C.
There’s a reason why Kent Starr is the Best Sex Crimes Lawyer Denton Tx. Starr received his law degree from the University of Arkansas. While in law school, he was the president of the law school and the clerk for the Supreme Court of Arkansas for Honorable Chief Justice Holt. He also was the clerk for the Honorable Justice Austin for the Supreme Court of the Navajo Nation, Window Rock, and Arizona. Lastly, he obtained a Master of Taxation from the University of Denver, Colorado, LLM. Just as he was a Golden Glove Boxer and a first-degree black belt holder, we will aggressively fight for your rights in the courtroom. Intimidation is not a factor when facing other lawyers or the possibility of losing a case. Mr. Starr will work hard to thoroughly investigate cases and execute their strategy in front of a judge or jury.
Contact Us Today
There are many criminal lawyers; However, Starr Law, P.C. is the only one that will fight to the finish for our client. When you are facing a conviction, you need a lawyer who willing to fight for you in a way that he or she would fight for themselves. The only law firm willing to give that level of dedication to their clients is Starr Law, P.C. Our customer service and education should make us the firm you want in your corner. Previous clients have expressed on confident they have in our services, and we know you will feel the same way. Contact us today for your free consultation where we can learn more about you and your case, and you can learn more about us and our services. For more information, please contact us at 214.982.1408 or visit our visit our website here. Starr Law, P.C. is, without a doubt, the Best Sex Crimes Lawyer Denton Tx.
Fun Facts About Denton, TX
- Denton is a True College Town. The town collectively supports the University of North Texas’s (UNT) football team, the Mean Green. All of the college parties usually take place on the stretch of Fry Street. Fry Street hosts some of the best restaurants and bars in the state of Texas.
- Denton is the Home of the Bubble Van Man. The Bubble Van Man, also known as E.B., is usually a Fry Street attraction where he is selling legal smokable herbs from his beat-up van as the mob of bubbles mingles with the crowd passing by.
- Denton has a Secret Bar. Paschall Bar is loved, by the locals, for its unique drinks and menu. However, it is challenging to find on Google Maps or any other business listings.
- Denton is a Mecca of Women’s Progress. Texas Women’s University (TWU), established in 1091, became the first institution in Texas to offer a nationally-accredited nursing program(1950). Today, TWU offers the largest nursing doctoral program in the country.
- The Denton Arts and Jazz Festival is a Big Deal. Another one of University of North Texas big events is the Arts and Jazz Festival. Scheduled on the last full weekend of every April, the festival includes seven main stages. Artists are welcome to display and sell their art and performers are also welcome to entertain the audience with the smooth sounds of jazz. The event is free for all to enjoy.
- Dr. Phil is a Dentonite. Dr. Phil is known for his confrontational style of psychology, made famous by Oprah, but many do not know he received both is M.A and his Ph.D. in clinical psychology from UNT.
- Denton’s Residents are fighters. The United Equities of Houston bought a section of Fry Street in May 2006 and proposed to demolish it for better use. The locals stood together and got the proposal denied, but not before many of the favorite local businesses were evicted.
- For more information about this city, visit the official website here.